Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 113

Landon was working on a school project where he had to artistically make a poster about his life... He did it in pencil so I traced it in a this sharpie for him.. Then I cried... Here is what he wrote about his life: 

 "When I was born I met my brother. We loved to play and were best friends. Then what seemed like a short while, my little brother was born. As we got older we learned baseball. We played in our backyerd, I loved it. I used to love school but I dont anymore. In a few years my sister was born. When she was born, I learned to care for her. But I didnt know that everything would change one night. Craig told me he had diabetes. I was confused because I didnt know what it was. But in a few months, I did. One day after school I came to the car and my mom said Madi has diabetes too. My mom cried.. Madi hates it. And that is how my life was changed. That was last year."

And now Im crying again.. No one knows how things affect each person in a family.. and how a lifelong disease affects everyone.. We have all noticed a huge change in Landon since all of this.. He is much more closed off and harsh.. It broke my heart to read this.. I love my boy so much!! My sweet Landon

1 comment: