Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 119

oh man diabetes kicked out butts this week...
Madi had a bit of a breakdown..

She had a kinked site and Moderate Ketones which caused her to be sad and sick feeling. 
Her blood sugar was 504.  She cried and cried, begging us not to give her a new pump site.
"Please I dont want diabetes, I never wanted diabetes.  I dont want a new site, i dont like shots!"
My eyes welled with tears. I couldnt stand it.  My sweet girl.
It is so hard as a parent to see your child go through this.  Knowing they NEED to get the insulin to stay alive, but they beg you not to do it.

After a little break, and a warm bath she ended up getting a new site.  Because she was high I went to get the Pen because she didnt want a new pump site.  As soon as she waw the pen she said "oh, the pen is so big, I want a site!"
And that was it. New site, better numbers, lots of water and now no Ketones.. Whew... we got though it..
Our family deals with Type 1 every day, but
last night we really hated diabetes!

No comments:

Post a Comment