Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 153

Well Its almost been a year since Craigs DX...

So crazy that its almost been a year..

Well as I was thinking of it, I wanted to do something special for him

Because although getting diagnosed with Type 1 is not something I want to celebrate, there are many things to celebrate..

In this past year Craig has:

  • pricked his finger at least 2900 times
  • Pierced his skin with a needle and injected insulin at least 1800 times
  • Spoken to 6 school classes about diabetes awareness
  • Spoken at an assembly
  • Helped earn $1500 for JDRF for research for a cure
  • Walked the JDRF walk for a cure
  • Volunteered at Tour De Cure
  • Won 3 championship rings for baseball
  • Been named Team captain of his Baseball team
  • Gone on hikes, camp outs and also Rock climbing with diabetes
  • He has helped to gather items for children at the hospital
  • Has kept all A's throughout all of the craziness of his super busy life
  •  Has spent 6 days in the hospital due to diagnosis and sickness.
  • and done so many other things
He has a baseball tournament on the 1 year to the date.  Im having shirts made for our family to wear at his baseball tournament and also getting blue (for Juvenile diabetes) laces for his whole team to wear in support of him as well.

I am also very thankful for the many people who have supported Craig this past year.  People who have allowed him to live his life as though he has no disease.. People who have helped him to continue to enjoy the things he loves. 
Family, friends, coaches and team members, Boys Scout and church leaders, and teachers..
They have allowed him to be him..and not "a kid with diabetes".....I feel so thankful for these people..
Craig has a wonderful group of friends who do not care that he has type 1... but that allow him to be a kid..and they look out for him and his diabetes.  For me to know that when he is at baseball, or at a scouting event, or with his friends, that he has people looking out for him.
 That is a true blessing!

I am also thankful for Craig..for his strength and faith.  He has gone through this year so gracefully...He has helped other children and helped so many see what Type 1 is.. I am so proud of my boy!

3 comments:

  1. He and you have done an amazing job in the past year! You should be so proud of him! As I've said before, seeing pics of him, especially playing baseball and he's the same age as my son, really pull at my heart. The thought of his whole team wearing blue laces has me in tears. Hope he has a GREAT game that day and he feels loved and proud of all he has accomplished this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe, thank you so much.. I am still looking for enough blue laces for his team! lol.. Im excited though, its a surprise for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you video tape his reaction to the surprise! Thanks for your comment on my blog. About the static...it seems to be just an omnipod issue because it is wireless and sometimes it just sets it off. No rush for a pump. My daughter was dx at 4 and we didn't move to the pump until 2 years later. She wasn't ready (me either) and then one day she said she wanted the pod and we could not get it fast enough for her. She says she will never ever go back to shots. I must admit I was very reluctant and even on the hardest days with it, I wouldn't go back either. They both have their pros and cons though.

      Delete