Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Thursday, May 8, 2014

About Diabetes, from Madi

I asked Madi a few questions since her Diaversary is tomorrow.. here they are..

Me: What is the hardest thing about Diabetes?
Madi: Getting my inset because it shoots in my body and it really hurts.

Me: Why is it so important to take care of your diabetes?
Madi: Cause if you are really high a lot, you could lose a leg or go to the hospital and have to get an IV.  If you get low and think its not a big deal, then you dont do anything about it then you could pass out.


Me: Whats it like to get shots and insulin all the time?
Madi:  hurts hurts hurts!!   It hurts and sometimes I cry.

Me:  How do you stay positive about diabetes?
Madi: kissing my mom all day! My mom and my dad help me with my diabetes.

Me: What does it mean to "win the fight against T1 Diabetes"?
Madi: Try to help people and try to find a cure.

Me: Why do you want a cure?
Madi: Because other people um.. sometimes diabetes hurts and I dont want other people to get hurt because it hurts really bad, so I hope theres a cure so nobody else has diabetes. 

Me: What have you learned from diabetes?
Madi:  I learned about shots and I need help with my diabetes.

Me: What would you tell someone who just got diagnosed with T1 diabetes?
Madi: I would say, "I hope theres a cure for you because I dont want you to have diabetes.  I dont want you to get hurt, and diabetes hurts."

Me: What can't you do if you have diabetes?
Madi: You cant eat candy unless you get dosed.  You cant live without insulin.

Me: What CAN you do if you have diabetes?
Madi:  You can swim in a pool, read books, take pictures, go to school, talk to people...You can do anything!

I love her answers.. It gives such insight on a childs view living with this disease..
Its hard, It hurts, but they can still be a kid and "swim in a pool, read books, take pictures, go to school, talk to people...You can do anything!"
I love my girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment