Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 188

We had a rough night last night..

I got up for the midnight check and Craig was 314 so I gave him  a unit of insulin.. When I got up at 3 am to check again (we have to check twice a night for a while until we get all of his pump settings right for his body), anyway, when I got up again at 3am, he was 414.  So I had to wake him up and have him check for Ketones.  He had some..

That told me that something was wrong with his pump..he was not getting insulin.
We had to change his pump site and found that the cannula was kinked.
Well, no wonder he wasnt getting insulin.. So we redid the infusion set and gave him insulin and he went back to bed.

Oh my goodness I woke up SO tired today!

Ill be happy when we do not have to get up twice a night to check his blood... but by that time Madi will have her pump and we'll be doing the same thing for her!

Its rough..but Craig loves the pump..so its worth it:)

The hardest thing is to get up in the morning and to all of the daily duties when you are so tired.. Im exhausted all the time.. I had to cut back my photography business bit because I was just too tired and overwhelmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment