Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 193



well, yes, its been busy..the end of the school year is fast approaching and summer will be here! we cannot wait!

I was watching Craig play soccer the other day and his coach came to us and said "Hows Craig? Is he good?"

As in   "he is fine on the field right? good numbers? feeling great right?"

We both said "yes" and continued to watch him play..

It really made me think....

Yes he checks before the game and he will sip gatorade..and he can feel his lows, so typically he can feel when he is getting too low..
BUT.....

If he felt low on the field in the middle of the game, would he run in? would he ask for a sub?

I honestly do not know.. He is a very determined and sport minded young man.. He wants to do good, he wants to play and he wants to win... So if he had to come out, Im not sure he would do it..

But, I do feel like he is 13..and pretty responsible with his diabetes..

Ya, he forgets things sometimes and ya, he doesnt always have everything he needs..but he is actually pretty independent with his diabetes.

So at some point, I have to let him play..let HIM decide..and let HIM determine what he needs.

He will be in high school in just a couple months.... and its time to let him go and be his own person..

Its hard, Yes...

But its time..

I will still do all I can to help him and spport his diabetes..and of course make sure that he has good numbers adn is healthy.. thasts my job as a mom..
But its also my job to help him become independent and responsible..and he cannot do that if I dont give him the chance!
At some point, you have to let go a little....and by a "little" I mean a LITTLE!! lol




No comments:

Post a Comment