Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 194

 

Miss Madilyn has her 1 year since DX coming up..I almost cannot believe it.

Its been a hard year for her for sure..

Some days are easier than others, but at least once a day she says "ouch" or whines about the shots and pokes... Its hard, but she is doing great!
As a parent, I just want it to stop hurting... Some peple might think it gets easier, but for her, the shots still hurt..
I mean how can it get "easy"? She is piercing her skin with a needle several times a day! Ask her and she'll tell you, "It hurts"

I wish it didnt hurt my sweet girl, but I am so proud of her and all she has overcome this past year! She is a strong girl!!

Me:  What is the easiest thing about diabetes?
Madi:  NOTHING!

Me:  what is the hardest thing about diabetes?
Madi:  The shots! But if you're brave, its not really bad.

Me:  Why do you have to be so brave if you have diabetes?
Madi:  Because if you are brave, it doesnt hurt so much!

Me:  Why do you have diabetes?
Madi:  cause I go potty a lot and my pancreas is not making enough insulin so then, I had to go to the hospital and then they said "oh your pancreas is not making enough insulin, so then you have diabetes" Then they told my mom I have diabetes and its really hard.

Me:  If you met someone who just got diabetes that was 5 like you,  what would you say to them?
Madi:  I would tell them that whenever you're scared, try to be brave.  And then i would give them a toy because they would be sad because their IV would hurt.  I would say, "Diabetes is hard sometimes...You have to check your blood everyday...
get shots everyday. Sometimes it's scary, but whenever you're scared, try to be brave.
 Brave like a super hero!"

Me:  What do you think a super hero does?
Madi:  They save people, duh!  But they are really brave!







We have our very own super heros right here!! Love my sweet girl! ha, notice her medical ID?? She would NOT take it off for pics.. I was ok with that though....

No comments:

Post a Comment