Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 206

I know I have been bad about posting lately.. I guess it comes with summer fun.. Im not at my computer as often!!

I was thinking the other day how crazy it was when Craig was diagnosed..

Feelings of uncertainty, fear, pain..

Its been a year and whenever I see his diagnosis picture from the hospital, I am reminded of how hard that couple days was... and there after.

Its almost unreal..

I remember breaking down in the hospital room as he left to play in the teen room.. I had a moment to myself and just couldnt hold it in anymore.   I was so scared for my boy and just wanted him to be free of the pain and worry of Type 1.  I didnt know if he wouldBe able to live a "normal" life and do all he wants in life.
I knew nothing much of the disease.

A week later, he was back to  playing baseball!!

Crazy kid...

I love the fact that he hasnt let diabetes stop him in anything he wants to do.
He hasnt been shy about talking about it to his friends, or even at assemblies in front of hundreds of kids.

He amazes me every day....

When I am on a facebook page for Parents with kids with Type 1, I am amazed at these kids, who fight to stay a live everyday, and accomplish amazing things in life..

Fighting for your life may seem dramatic, but if you think so, then you dont know a child with type1..

Constant highs, lows, blood checks, shots, carb counting.. dont feel like treating a low? then they could die.. Dont feel like taking care of themselves? then they could die.. Its a fact of life for them..

Yet, nothing stops them. Type 1 kids are amazingly strong, and thats just a fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment