Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 151






Here is Diabetes according to Landon, our 11 year old.   

What is Diabetes? 
A disease that destroys and eats away your pancreas.  And then the pancreas cannot produce insulin.

How did you feel when Craig and Madi were diagnosed?
Um, sad..I was sad because Madi and Craig couldnt play outside without checking their blood. I was worried about them at first.  When they came home,  it seemed like a lot of work. 

How does it make you feel?
Diabetes makes me feel like I need to do something to try to help.  Like try to help with Tour de cure and fundraising to find a cure.   When I can help, it makes me feel happy, like I am helping them a little bit.

How does diabetes affect YOU?
It affects me because when I have to watch Madi, I have to do more than just watch her like before.  I have to check her blood and call you. 
It takes attention away from us sometimes because they have to check their blood and then when they are low and stuff then you're not really listening to me when Im trying to talk to you. 

What do you want to say to Craig about his diabetes?


I would say that he forgets stuff all the time.

What do you want to say to Madi about her diabetes?
I would say she is brave because she is 5 years old. 

What would you tell your friends about diabetes?
 I would tell them that its a disease that makes you get shots for most of your food because your body wont produce insulin.  But theirs doesnt so they have to get it.  They can still eat whatever they want, but they just have to get a shot.  They can do whatever they want too, they just have to check their blood sugar.


Awe, the honesty of a child... some of the answers broke my heart.. I know that Diabetes affect the WHOLE family, and its hard for it not to.  As you can see, its hard for everyone.....

No comments:

Post a Comment