Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 158

If you only knew....

  • That my kids have to get multiple daily injections of insulin and it hurts every time.
  • The pokes dont ever get "easy" or "normal".
  • Life in general doesnt ever go back to "normal" ...We have a new normal that includes test strips, blood drops, syringes, insulin, and its anything but "normal".
  • Nothing I did caused my kids to get diabetes...and no, this isnt me being defensive, its just plain fact. It is an autoimmune disease..
  • Many nights madi wakes up in the middle of the night and I have to check her glucose to make sure a "low" didnt wake her up... Sometimes a low number can cause her to awake..or have bad dreams.
  • I really hate diabetes... although I go with the flow every day...and try to act like its just part of our life, I really hate this disease..
  • Type 1 diabetes changes everything in our loves... going out, naps, sickness, babysitters, sports, food, money, everything!
  •  Being an Type 1 advocate isnt really a choice. Its a responsibility!
  • Its been a year and I still wish every day that my children didnt have the worry, pain and annoyance that type 1 brings..
  • We will do all we can to share and educate others on what Type 1 REALLY is.
  • My kids are just "kids" but they are heros too!  They inspire me daily.
  • Madi at least once a week says "I wish I didnt have diabetes" or "diabetes sucks". It breaks a moms heart.



1 comment: