Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 126

Madi likes these.. They are convenient too.. Small and dont spoil in the hot Arizona heat!!

Yesterday she comes running down the stairs yelling
"Mommy Im low!! Pixie Stik Low!!"

I checked her and yes she was... low enough for a quick stick! haha I thought it was funny that she rated her low as a "pixie stick low"

silly girl.

SO thankful she is recognizing her lows...

Also I have had the hardest time getting really good medical bracelets..
We got a few different ones and they are certainly not cheap.  Then I saw these and we got one for Craig.  They are made from para-cord and super cool.  The label has not scratched at all yet and Craig likes the look  of it.  These para-cord bracelets are really popular right now.  I ordered it from survival straps.

Now my kids are obsessed with making para-cord items! ha

And here is a quick conversation the we had with Madi tonight at dinner time... It kinda broke my heart,,,


Tonight at dinner Madi asked "dad, when will my diabetes go away?"
My heart sank...
Hain: it will never go away Madi
Madi: like when Im bigger I mean!?
Hain: no, you will have it forever
Madi: until I die?
Hain: yes Madi, there is no cure, thats why we walked saturday, so they can find a cure, but right now, there is no cure
Madi: awe...
as she leans over and buriess her face in my shoulder...
I held her and felt sad with her for a few moments.....
 
These moments are just hard....we all want diabetes to go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment