Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 84

Faith...


Today in church we had a lesson on having faith... I kept thinking about my kiddos...

You see when Craig was diagnosed, he would ask in the hospital, "why do you think I got this?"

I didnt know the answer..., but all I could do was be comforting

"I know its hard for you and a difficult thing to deal with"

and bear him my testimony that I knew that Heavenly Father has a plan for him, and that for some reason "this" was part of His plan.  

Throughout the 4 day stay in the hospital, I kept feeling the need to share that with him....
I wanted him to know as well as I did, that there was a reason this was happening...

Did I know the reason?

no......but Heavenly Father knows..and we must have faith in that knowledge..

Then in as little as 3 months later, Madi was diagnosed...

I knew right away why Craig had "this"....

He knew too..He even said, "I guess I got diabetes first so I could help Madi"

When madi was in the hospital, she could totally relate to the things Craig had been doing for 3 months..
She called him from the hospital to talk about how she hated her IV..and he offered her comfort telling her that he didnt like it either, but that she would get better... 
She smiled at me as she talked to him on the phone..
It was such a sweet moment.....
She had a sweet feeling that her big brother could relate to the hard time she was having at the hospital.  She really took comfort in that.
She asked for him often in the hospital and wanted him to come visit.  When she came home, she would watch him get his shots before her and it made her feel better knowing she wasnt the only one...

She will always be able to relate to him and to his diabetes.. He will always be able to help her and to know what she is going through with all of the shots and pokes..

In life, things happen to us, trials as some people call them.. life experiences... sickness, hardships..
And in all of it, we must have faith ...Faith that good will come out of it..faith that all will be well..Faith that this is His plan and that He will give us strength to get through..

Its very hard..especially in the middle of the trial and the fog... 

yes, I was telling him that I knew there was a purpose in this, but inside I was desperately looking for that answer as well...

There have been many times in the past 9 months that I have completely been overwhelmed, stressed,saddened by the pain this all is for my kids... but Heavenly Father has really helped me to get through it... I am thankful for faith...

And although everyday is a new day...and a new struggle with Type 1..Some days I cry...and some days we just endure it..... but we can do this, and we can do it with faith....

No comments:

Post a Comment