Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 96

First its the decision of where...arm? leg? tush? tummy??

She debates where she will get it..out loud..

Her little body showing stress as she decides..

"Okay mom, can we do arm?"

Ok Madi.......

As I grab her soft baby like skin...

and pinch it to prep it for her shot..

I look at her perfect skin..and tell myself she NEEDS this....

slowly getting closer with the needle...

she grabs my arm with her tiny fingers.......

clenches harder as the needle pierces her skin.......

I press down and I inject the insulin.....

Her eyes wince and a soft "ouch" comes from her little voice.....

I pull the needle our of her skin and her clench softens....

I kiss on her forehead and a "You are so brave Madi"...

and we are done...for a few hours



Madi does the same thing..every time I give her insulin...every..time...

I wish there were an easier way......This doesnt get easier the more times I do it either......



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know how hard it is. My little girl did the same exact thing every single time she got a shot. She would pinch her skin over and over and say "I'm not ready now I am." Once the shot went in she would finally relax. Now that she just started on the pump, we have a new routine. I'd like to say it gets easier and while I no longer have to hold her down like in the beginning, shots 2 years later still sometimes made her cry. It's just heartbreaking. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete