Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 142...

Today is Madis birthday...

I had everything decorated, cookies and pretzles made... invites out and games ready....



She was so excited for her party..but by 10 am, here she was.....


She puked....then by noon she had moderate ketones....

So she is resting, sipping water and Gatorade.. and praying we can get rid of the ketones...
Oh happy birthday sweet girl :(

Update: Later she was still puking and we could not her her blood sugars up..so off to the hospital we went.. She puked twice on the way..

Poor girl.. She had to get blood drawn and then get an IV...She cried and begged to go home.

I was so sad taking her to the hospital..especially on her birthday.

Nothing went as planned..I had planned a wonderful day for my sweet girl and it all  was ruined for her.. It made me sad..

She is now at home feeling better and happy..

We will do a birthday re-do for sure!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!

    What a bummer! I was diagnosed 9 days before my birthday but got out in time to still make my birthday plans. Stupid diabetes!

    ReplyDelete