Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 148

Honeymoon is...over...

Craig's first dose of double digits!

And Madi has been waking up in the 200s...and often is 300 during the day.  That means more dosage changes for the both of them!


Yes, its December..and a lot harder to blog daily thats for sure!!

The kids are finally done with school (yay!!).. Yesterday I subbed in Kinder and they had their Holiday parties.
I was reminded of how easy it is for most kids to enjoy a party with endless snacks, cookies, candy, and yes, tis the season for sugary treats!!

And also reminded of how hard it will be next year when Madi starts Kindergarten.
Oh how I often wish she could be a worry free kiddo.
I though about how I will have to e there to add up all of her carbs of what the party has to offer..then she will need an injection for those treats.. Im thinking maybe I dont want to be working full time next year!  Ill need to be available for her and her parties and field trips..Which is ok because I love those times.. Especially at that age, kids are just so excited for those things!!

And yes, I know I can have the school provide someone to do that, but with her age, I would feel much more comfortable being there myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment