Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 144

Type 1 pics..

Here is my type 1-er on her birthday ...stuck in the hospital..
poor sweet girl...

and she finally got to walk around..


Most times I love what Type 1 looks like in our home..healthy, able kids.. I mean no one "likes" type 1, but I am thankful that this disease doesnt take away my kids ability to run, jump, play and filfill their dreams.. When you visit a hospital, you really are reminded that there are many other children with diseases that do not allow them this luxury..
But there are days when Type 1 looks not as happy and healthy as I like to see my kids... Yesterday was one of those days..

  Last night Madi had a low.. We were just watching a movie..Tangled to be exact.
Then she got super whiny all of the sudden, pale and didnt look good... so I thought maybe I should check her..
the 4 seconds it takes the meter often feels longer.....59.
I believe thats her lowest ever..and we werent playing or running or anything..
So I gave her 3 glucose tablets and waited 15 min..retest....65..

65???
 what? thats it?

SO I Gave her another tablet and rechecked...89...

UGH!! She was SO tired and just wanted to go to sleep.
I ran to the neighbors to find some juice because the tablets were not doing the trick...

I got her some juice and after 15 she was 200.. good, ok, now I had to try to get her to eat some protien carb snack so as soon as this quick sugar wore off she wouldnt drop again.. She was fighting it..
SUper tired and not hungry..great.

Finally I go there to eat some graham crackers a milk. then she went to bed.
2 hours later I rechecked her thinking all of those tablets and juice and crackers and milk would leave her really high....nope, she was only 211.
Just weird..

Then today she was 65 at dinner time..looks like we need to change some ratios or something..




And here are 2 of my type 1-ers at their PCH photo shoot.. they had some funny poses..ha. Im super excited to see what they look like!

 pics from my cell phone...cant wait to see the "real" ones!


1 comment:

  1. Poor baby! and on her birthday! Hope she is all better now and no more lows!

    ReplyDelete