Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 20

Diabetes according to Madi, a 4 year old...

What is Diabetes?
Um, I think it is that you have to check your blood and get insulin and go to the hospital..

What does it do to your body?
Makes me have diabetes

What does insulin do to your body?
It makes me healthy and good so I cannot die.  It makes me cool.

What happens if you are low?
 JUICE!

How are you different from your brothers?
Craig has diabetes and I do too.  But Landon and Carter dont....

What is a good thing about diabetes?
That I like to check my blood except for my pinkies! But I dont like to get insulin because it hurts me.


What is something about diabetes that you do not like?
I dont like shots with the pen...


Is there anything you cannot do if you have diabetes?
no, this is so cool, I can flip and do underwater things like a hand stand.


And diabetes according to Craig, a 12 year old....


What is diabetes?
It is when your body does not produce insulin anymore..

What does it do to your body?
It makes it so I have to get a shot and makes my blood sugars all over the place.

What does insulin do to your body?
My body makes the food I eat into sugar, and the insulin turns my sugars into energy.

What happpens if you are low?
I have to get an apple juice so my levvels can go up.


How are you different from your siblings?
My body doesnt produce insulin so I have to check my blood a lot and get insulin shots..And go to the hospital more.


What is a good thing about diabetes?
I can teach my sister about it, and how she can use it to do good things like not be scared.


What is something about diabetes that you do not like?
shots

Is there anything you cannot do it you have diabetes?
Go in the army...

No comments:

Post a Comment