Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 7

...Yes 2 of our children have Type 1, but we are a family.. We support each other through everything...This picture was actually taken on Mothers Day this year.. I was so glad to be home from the hospital with Madi by mothers day.  To be all together again...When both kids were in the hospital, I stayed there the whole time and let me tell you, I wouldnt do it any other way.  Madi was so worried I was going to leave,,....not a chance!
 It was so nice to go back home each time though and be together again as a family. 
Type 1 is a somewhat complicated disease...Its a lot about numbers and guessing and calculating....It not only affects the 2 kids, but the whole family.  We all have to adjust... Our timing when we have dinner..taking the time to check glucose and calculate, then dose both kids... adjusting bills to pay for doctors, hospital, and prescriptions....Adjusting a lot of things... But I know if we stick together as a family, and do this as a family, we will be fine..and even more than fine, we will be great.. Our kids will all be just great!!
This disease is not a burden on our family...Its just how our family was meant to be....I love my kids more than anything and I'm just glad I can be here to help them.  Its hard, yes...but its ok...My kids are still the same kids they were... They have the same spirit, the same attitude and the same spunk!  They just have a bad pancreas!!  We can totally do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment