Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 26

Oh last night was a rough one....I put Madi to bed like normal.. but about 3 hours later she woke up and all I hear was screaming..I was down stairs.. I ran upstairs to see what was going on adn she was just ysterically screaming..I asked if she had a bad dream and then I noticed she was very sweaty... I got a eter really quick and checked her glucose...

She was 62...So I hurried to get her soem juice., she was totally annoyed that I was making her drink juice in the middle of the night, all she wanted to do was go back to sleep... But she drank it, then I had to check her again 15 minutes later.....Its the 15/15 rule..
If they are low, they have 15 quick sugar carbs then wait 15 minutes and recheck. If they are over their goal number then they can then have a carb protien snack, if not, they have to have another quick sugar and do it all again.

Well I rechecked her and she was not high enough..she had only gone up to 97..

So she had to drink more juice, but she really did not want to..she fought it a little, but I let her watch a little tv...Finally she was above 150 so she could have a snack, but she really did not want a snack...She barely ate anything..It was so hard because I was a little stressed about the whole thing and her waking up so low...Then she didnt even want to eat anything to get herself higher...But by midnight she was good and back to sleep..Oh I am so tired today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment