Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 32

Today  started out a little rough...Madi woke up at a good number... but by about 10 am I checked her and she was a crazy 599....I was all stressed out... I gave her water, checked for ketones, gave her insulin for the correction, watched everything she ate and about an hour later she was 437...still crazy high...So I was just stressed about the whole situation.. Other kids were eating stuff she couldnt have because her carb ratio is so high that I didnt want her having any "free" 15 carb snacks because I didnt want her going any high than she already was...

Its just hard to to tell your child no when everyone around them gets to have whatever they want... and its so easy...Craig was high too so I was all stressed that maybe he was getting sick...

I was having a little bit of a breakdown.. I was just overwhelmed at all of the diabetes "stuff"...

Anyway, I thought maybe Madi was getting sick or somethiing, or maybe dehydrated..something.. But its all a guessing game....

We had a great family bbq with all the family... Her numbers had gone down by then so that was a relief... 

I wasnt sure why she had gotten so high,
Until I went into the cabin and tried cleaning up a bit..Under the bed I found tons of salt water taffy wrappers...Im sure thats what got her so high... She snuck candy!! Little stinker...


No comments:

Post a Comment