Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 44

 Today I caught Madi eating a box of cereal on the couch..I was busy unpacking from our long trip and came downstairs to this....Before Type 1, this would have been no big deal and I would have left her alone, enjoying this yummy box of cereal...but with diabetes, you cant do that..Everything my kids eat has to be measures, weighted and accounted for....So sneaking snacks is not a good thing...I didnt make it a big deal but had to measure out a certain amount and then dose her for it..And take that box away:)
I also wanted to update about Madis medical bracelets...I had ordered these because I liked teh style..Its cute, easy and can be worn all the time..The problem I had was that after a week, the engraving was scratched off..The company sent me a anew one that lasted only 2 weeks...UGH!! SO today I called back and they will be sending a new one that has the engraved info on the inside of the metal part..This should work perfectly and I am so glad because Madi likes the style of hers and so does Craig (his is a little different, but he wears it at all times unlike the necklace that he took off all the time..)

No comments:

Post a Comment