Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 45

Well we have been "dealing" with Diabetes for 6 actual months now... Its been that long since Craig was diagnosed..

Wow...
I kind of cant believe it..

well, actually some days I look at my kids when that needle pierces their skin and I almost cant believe they really have this...for the rest of their lives...Its almost unreal..

It will NEVER go away....
 And although I have tried very hard to stay positive, because thats all you CAN do,
 I wish it WOULD go away...
I wish Madi didnt have little bruises at her injection sites..
I wish we didnt have to wake the kids up when they are trying to sleep so that we can check their blood..
I wish they could play with out worry of glucose or extra carbs..
I wish I could leave them with a sitter and not worry..
I wish they could go out with their friends and not have to carry a backpack full of essentials..
I wish they didnt have the worries of type 1 constantly on their mind..
I really wish I did not have to inject a needle in them several times a day..
I wish we didnt have to count every carb they ate...
I wish we didnt have to add hundreds of dollars to our monthly budget because although we have great insurance, we have copays, and supplies they NEED..
I wish my purse wasnt filled with needles, meters, snacks, and glucose tablets...
and most of all, I wish my kids didnt have to think twice about eating something, playing or running around....
 

My kids are strong..

And so brave!

They get at least 24 pokes a day between both of them.. 

A needle or Lancet pierces their skin 24 times every day!

And there nothing they can do about it but be brave.....

I love them so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment