The other day I read one persons facebook post about their child who has type 1 and they said something like "I wish my child could still play and run through grass without worry, I wish they could play hop scotch like other kids. I wish my child could enjoy birthday cake...But she cant anymore"
I though it was totally ridiculous... Type 1 makes things a lot harder... but my kids can still play sports, run through grass, play with friends, have birthday cake and do so much more....
Like I said, it makes it a lot harder to do these things and adds worry to any situation when you need to check glucose and give shots and account for things and count carbs, but it is possible!
- Craig did the Zip Line in Alaska!
- Craig is involved in Boy Scouts and goes on camp outs, hikes and even a week long camp this summer (although I was a little stressed about it, he enjoyed every day of it!)
- Craig plays on a travel baseball team and does awesome.. He practices 2 or more days a week just like all of the other kids!
- Craig swims for hours at a time.
- He skateboards and jumps off his ramps.
- He even mows the lawn and has regular chores!
- He has cake..and ice cream and any other food he wants (haha as a 12 year old, he wants everything.. of course I wont let him have cake for breakfast, but if I allowed it, he could!)
Zip line in Alaska
Swimming this summer...
Championship ring after diagnosis..