Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 49

One thing I want to do on this blog is to show people that kids (or adults) with type 1 are not held back..They can do anything!
The other day I read one persons facebook post about their child who has type 1 and they said something like "I wish my child could still play and run through grass without worry, I wish they could play hop scotch like other kids. I wish my child could enjoy birthday cake...But she cant anymore"

I though it was totally ridiculous... Type 1 makes things a lot harder... but my kids can still play sports, run through grass, play with friends, have birthday cake and do so much more....

Like I said, it makes it a lot harder to do these things and adds worry to any situation when you need to check glucose and give shots and account for things and count carbs, but it is possible!

  • Craig did the Zip Line in Alaska!
  • Craig is involved in Boy Scouts and goes on camp outs, hikes and even a week long camp this summer (although I was a little stressed about it, he enjoyed every day of it!)
  • Craig plays on a travel baseball team and does awesome.. He practices 2 or more days a week just like all of the other kids!
  • Craig swims for hours at a time.
  • He skateboards and jumps off his ramps.
  • He even mows the lawn and has regular chores!
  • He has cake..and ice cream and any other food he wants (haha as a 12 year old, he wants everything.. of course I wont let him have cake for breakfast, but if I allowed it, he could!)
 Zip line in Alaska
 Creek adventures!
 Wild girl!
 Swimming this summer...
 Championship ring after diagnosis..
Again, Type 1 does not HAVE to hold you back.. but it can if you let it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment