Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 63

Today was hard.. I knew it was coming..but still it was hard..
Okay, okay so all it was was my daughters first day of preschool.. But still!!!!

She was very excited..I have already met with her teacher and given her the low down..
Madis back pack has all of her essentials in it, meter, jerky, juice, snacks, hand sanitizer and an info card as well with her stats....

When we got in the car she says "WAIT!! mom, what about my diabetes?"





I almost wondered what exactly she meant.. but I told her that her teacher knows and can help her, but that she has to be able to do her meter by herself today if the teacher is busy.. Madi can check her glucose by herself, but she prefers not to.  I want to be there to help her...And I really hope she feels comfortable there.. My little baby...she looks so bug..she IS so big...

I dont know what to do with myself with no little ones at home.. Sending your last kiddo off to preschool is hard, but sending them with type 1 is making me so nervous.. It is a year away, but Kindergarten is making me crazy already..Im a worrier..and I worry!!

Having control of diabetes is hard.. but then trusting someone else with your childs life, oh, that is hard.. Especially such a small child..Craig is 12 and I totally trust him and his school..A lot of it is communication and the schools willingness to listen and be proactive..but a lot of it is also that Craig is very responsible with his diabetes.. He is on top of his highs and lows and can "feel" when they are there.... Madi cannot...She will be playing like nothing is bothering her and Ill check her and he is very low...She does tend to get cranky when she gets low, but not always... The other day she said she was hungry..so I checked her and she was low..Its just very hard..and to put that trust into someone else is very hard....Im not sure Im quite ready for this....

No comments:

Post a Comment