Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 76

Well nights have been a little hard lately for some reason..

Madi went to bed at I think it was 167..then about 2 hours she woke up and was murmuring and fussy and whiny..

So I thought maybe I should check her before I sent her back to bed..

So I did and she was 65...

Oh man..so she had to completely wake up to drink juice, then have a carb/protien snack so she would be fine the rest of the night. Then we tried to get her to go to bed, but after her 2 hour "nap" she was wide awake!! ha

I was a little upset about the  whole thing because I just kept thinking "what if I had just sent her back to bed and not checked her?"

Im a "what if" kind of person...I worry....

But I was just glad I did check her...

Then last night we had a baseball game..It was hot and stuffy outside and we were there for 3 hours.
Madi fell asleep on the way home, but I had to check her before I put her in bed...She was asleep on the couch and I checked her but she was 104...too low for bedtime..SO I had to wake her up..poor girl she was SO tired!! So fussed through it..had a snack then off to bed she was...

Type 1 can be scary..and there is no "day off" ever..Its a constant checking of numbers and making sure they are in the safe zone...

No comments:

Post a Comment