Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 102

well today was....well, one of those days..

which we have had a lot of lately..

We have such a busy, fast paced life.. The 4 kids keep us very busy with their school, boy and cub scouts, sports and activities..practices and ect..Just finding time for family time is hard...My husband working fulltime with court during the week as well..My photography business and calling adn other projects as well... oh ya, and I have this house to clean..and food to prepare.. aahhh!!

Today I had 9 hours of driving/baseball... Craig had a tournament an hour away...

SO this morning I ran to Target to get diabetes supplies (because I went yesterday and they gave me the wrong needles..), then had to run to walmart on my way home because I forgot to get something from Target..I was literally fast walking because I was on a time crunch, as usual..

I had to hurry home to get things cleaned and packed for the tournament.. I sat down to relax and noticed my mind was thinking a different time..It was already noon and we had to leave.NOW.... ugh, so I packed up all the kids in the van and started the hour and a half drive to Gilbert....

Hoping we didnt forget anything we need!

It was hot and humid and we sat there for 7 hours...watching Craig's team play baseball..It was a rough tournament overall...Stressfull..So when it was over we headed home...

Madi whined for half an hour and cried because Craig said something about Madi being my "only" daughter...She thought he said my "ugly" daughter and was crying and mad..and so they argued about what he did and did not say....

We were all tired..and hungry..and tired!!

I was so glad to be home...

These days are hard physically and emotionally..

I cannot leave my kids with someone for the day while I go and enjoy Craigs tournament...

why? because Madi has diabetes...and I cannot leave her with anyone....no one....

Maybe you might think thats not a big deal, but it really makes it hard..for me...

I never get a break..to breathe...

Having this long day is hard.. And adding in diabetes is really hard..

During this tournament day, I have to regularly be checking Madi and making sure she is good (she had 2 lows today).....Making her sit and eat when she doesnt want to...

And making sure Craigs numbers are good as well so he can play..

He had a low at the beginning of the  first game..

He saw an old coach who said "Hey Craig!! How are you?!! Do you still have diabetes?"

ya, he still has it..oh ya and he always will.....(eye roll)

People dont understand, it doesnt ever go away...ever...

And on days like this I wish it would go away.... it would only make this diffficult day that much less difficult...

Apparently this is a venting post... because right now, I needed to vent..sorry:)


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do understand about these long baseball days! We are in the midst of a tournament this weekend too. I also understand about not being able to leave your child who has diabetes with anyone...it is exhausting and overwhelming at times and I only have 2 kids. I can be sitting and watching my son play baseball and at any moment can be pulled away from that when my daughter says she feels low or I must deal with a high because her pod isn't working. The next time I look up I have missed his at bat, a great catch, or his pitching. I am getting better at dealing with her needs and keeping an eye on the game now that we are 2 years into this, but there are those moments when her needs keep me from the game. I often tell my husband, I can't imagine if our son were to be diagnosed. I am so afraid of that happening. I can't imagine having to deal with the blood sugars while he is pitching, hitting, in the dugout, etc. Hang in there and vent all you need! There are so many of us that understand what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete