Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 99

Today I went to Craigs school and spoke to all of the 8th grade classes...

Craig and I went and spoke about Type 1 and the JDRF walk we are doing in November to see who would want to join our team and walk with us.

I talked a little about the walk then Craig talked about Type 1..After that, I spoke about a few of the things we have gone through this year and then answered any questions the kids had..

I was so glad some kids asked questions..I was happy to answer any that they had...

I was told by Craig that I had better not cry..ha

I had a hard time with that..I was getting emotional..

I wasnt sure why, because we live this life every day now...

But I think hearing out loud was hard.. Hearing myself say the things our family has been through was just hard..

Sometimes I think about it and it doesnt feel real.. Like its all not really happening.. Although we do it everyday..the shots, the insulin, the numbers, the carbs, the worry....Sometimes I still cant believe its happening to us...and all in 1 year.. Its just crazy!

I am so glad our kids are adjusting so well.. although its a very physical disease, it gets emotional too..For the kids as well..
So many shots can get discouraging and stressful...

Running to check yourself while everyone else around you continues what they are doing with out worry is hard...And sometimes I worry about Craig and how he is taking it all.. But he seems to be doing well with it.. Of course he has his days, like we all do... I just love my kids so much and when you have children you want them to be happy and not have to worry about stuff like Type 1....

No comments:

Post a Comment