Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 110

Today we made a trip to Phoenix Children Hospital.

I was taking my youngest boy because he stayed home from school because they had a field trip that he didnt want to go on.. Craig said "where are you guys going?
I said "to the hospital"
Then Craig says "what? Carter had diabetes too?"

Thankfully, no..
I think 2 kids diagnosed in 1 year is plenty!!

We were delivering bags for the diabetes floor. 

Each bag contains a crayon roll up, coloring book, deck of cards or card game, small toy or game and some sort of notebook or journal..

They are so fun to get together.. We delivered 50 bags a while ago and today we were able to donate 45 more bags. 

Our hope is that these bags will give the kids diagnosed with Type 1 something to help pass the time of sitting in the hospital..


Its hard to go and see all of the people checking into the hospital, knowing they are there to visit sick kids.. My heart aches for these children and families struggling with disease, pain and hardship.  That hospital is full of kiddos..

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful what you are doing. I totally admire you for your generosity and spirit. I have an eleven year old son who was diagnosed with type 1 last month. I've really enjoyed reading your blog. You are quite an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete