Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 109

Well sometimes we can see patterns in the kids numbers..

I have noticed that for some weird reason Madi gets low on Sundays at church.

Its weird though because I always check her before I send her to the kids class.. I make sure she is above 150, but closer to 200 so she will be fine for the next hour and a half.. But more times than not, she is brought to me because she tells someone she "feels low"

Yes, that is good that she tells someone..and I am so thankful they listen and bring her to me.

So I check her and she was 52! I thought it was crazy!! Just an hour earlier I checked her and she was 179. Perfect, so I sent her to class thinking she would be fine and she dropped so fast.  She wasnt being active or running around or anything like that..

So I think now Ill have to just go and check her after 45 minutes..or send her with a snack to just eat after that amount of time.. The thing is that I know she has a class full of 4 year olds..And 4 year old dont quite understand diabetes.. So all of those kids would have to sit and watch her eat a snack..Thats like torture for a 4 year old! ha

But since it seems to happen a lot, I have to figure it out.. I dont want anything to happen in class, and 52 is pretty low!

No comments:

Post a Comment