Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 105

I think sometimes when people think of type 1, they think at first it is hard, but after a month or 2, it all evens out and isnt much of a big deal...

 They ask things like

 "are things back to normal now?"
 'Do you guys have it all figured out now?"

 Well, here are a few things I may have taken for granted 9 months ago......

 Sleeping in...
Now I cannot sleep in..why? well Madi needs a dose of Lantus every morning by 8 am... SO even if I wanted to sleep in, I cant... Also, if she wants to eat breakfast, I cant just have one of the older kids help her like I may have months ago....She needs her blood checked, then needs insulin for her meal...  
Being able to just get a babysitter and go out...
Now, that simple thing is something I cannot do..I dont have anyone I can leave Madi with.. Ya, Craig can dose himself and is pretty much independent with his diabetes, but not Miss Madi... Of course not. She is so little, she cannot read her signs either.. She will have a great number, then next thing we know she is low! She needs a quick sugar..and then a snack.. or she needs food and insulin.. This disease is a lot more complicated than people think.. Its not just a shot here and there..The dose amounts are constantly changing...

Doing things spontaneously or last minute
We always have to be "ready" and prepared for anything we do..anywhere we go..
The kids need supplies and insulin and snacks and water and more...at all times!

These simple things may not seem like that big of a deal, but they are just a few simple things I miss....

My kids are great..and they are healthy.. They are doing great with their diabetes.. but once in a while I miss those small simple things:)  So today, be thankful for small thing you can do without worry...

No comments:

Post a Comment